So, you’re looking for a pathway to become a brilliant bookkeeper or accountant. Start today by becoming a registered BAS Agent with Ab2 Institute of Accounting.
By completing a BAS Agent course, you’ll add a vital skill to your accounting toolkit. Our BAS Agent Skill Set course will develop the knowledge and skills you need to complete tasks and processes only registered BAS Agents can complete.
But first, you’re probably wondering: what is a BAS Agent?
Put simply, a registered BAS Agent has the qualifications and experience required to provide BAS services and represent clients in their dealings with the Australian Tax Office (ATO) regarding the lodgment of their clients’ Business Activity Statements (BAS).
What does a day in the life of a BAS agent look like?
- Generating financial reports for tax purposes
- Registering businesses for PAYG, GST and other services
- Liaising with the ATO on behalf of clients
- Preparing and lodging BAS
- Advising clients regarding compliance with GST, Super Guarantee, Fringe Benefits Tax, and other legislation
- Identifying and addressing financial discrepancies
What advice could you be providing clients as a registered BAS agent?
- Designing and developing compliance systems
- How Australian tax laws may affect their organisation
- Establishing compliance with Australian tax law
What are the steps to becoming a registered BAS Agent?
Becoming a registered BAS Agent has never been easier with Ab2! But first, there’s some things you’ll need.
As mandated by the Tax Practitioners Board, you will only be able to provide BAS services to clients if you meet the relevant education and experience requirements.
- Earning a BAS Agent Registration Skill Set Certificate
- Obtaining a Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping or an equivalent qualification
- Completing at least 1,400 hours of accounting work under the supervision of a registered BAS Agent or Tax Agent within a four-year period (equivalent to one year of full-time work).*
Why do I need to register as a BAS Agent?
If you or your client is paid to provide BAS services to or on behalf of your employer, accountants providing paid BAS services need to be registered.
Completing a BAS Agent Skill Set course with Ab² Institute of Accounting
Ab² Institute of Accounting is the place to earn your Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping for several reasons:
- The institute is 100% designed and built for the accounting industry
- Its Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping course has been built by industry experts who know what our students need to succeed
- Ab² offers flexibility when it comes to learning. The course is self-paced, with modules that can be accessed online through the Ab² learning portal, anywhere, anytime
- Student support is available the whole way through the course, from enrolment to completion
- Individuals who finish a Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping course will receive a free student membership to the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Australia, which is the longest standing bookkeeping association in Australia
Becoming a registered BAS Agent is fundamental if you want to advance your career and add real value to a bookkeeping or accounting firm, and with Ab2’s innovative learning delivery, it’s never been easier!
By completing our BAS Agent Skill Set course, you’ll be able to complete specific tasks and processes only a BAS Agent can complete, which in turn makes you a highly skilled and sought-after job candidate. Start your BAS Agent course at Ab² today: Contact Ab² Institute of Accounting to enrol or learn more.