BAS Agent Skill Set
The Business Activity Statement qualification that can get you offers from international industries
This short course provides you with a training skill set recognized by the Australian accounting industry. Broaden your understanding and enhance your expertise to confidently complete formal business activity statements and payroll services.
This is your opportunity to grow an international accounting career, get the competitive edge and join the Australian national BAS register. You will receive training in business activity (BAS), installment activity, and payroll system maintenance. If you already have another bookkeeping or accounting certification and want to become a registered BAS Agent with the Australian Tax Practitioners Board (TPB), the preferred pathway is the BAS Agent Skill Set certification.
NOTE: This must-have program meets the requirements for a course in basic Goods and Services Tax and BAS taxation principles and is also approved by the TPB.
By successfully completing this course with Ab2 Institute of Accounting, you will have free student membership to the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT). The AAT is Australia’s longest standing bookkeeping association and provides members with important status and recognition about their skills and experience. Ab2 is honored to work closely with AAT to support the training, development, and accreditation of accounting technicians and bookkeeping professionals. In addition, we have connections with over 800 accounting firms and partnerships with some of the financial industry’s best-known names in software – making Ab2 your international career path partner.
Part-time study of approximately 10-15 hours a week, will take 2-3 months to complete.
24 months from enrollment.
We’re ready when you are
Start any time with flexible learning hours and fully remote modules.
To maximize your learning experience, you will need:
- A working computer with Microsoft Office
- An internet connection
We’re available 24/7 to help with any tech issues. Reach out to us at enquires@Ab²institute.com
Ab² students enjoy:
- Deep industry connections to future-proof your career
- Course development and teaching by real-world industry leaders, not academics
- Unrivalled student support by specialists who only serve the accounting industry
- Free student membership with accounting and bookkeeping industry bodies
- 100% flexibility – study online, anytime, anywhere, on any device
Our course has been custom-built by industry experts with decades of real-world, practical experience and knowledge. This will give you top-notch skills and understanding, making you job-ready the moment you graduate.
Complete business activity and installment activity statements FNSTPB401
- Identify compliance and other requirements applicable to business activity
- Analyze and apply industry codes of conduct associated with work activities
- Review and apply goods and services tax (GST) implications and code transactions
- Report on payroll activities and amounts withheld
- Reconcile and prepare activity statements
- Lodge activity statements·
Establish and maintain payroll systems FNSTPB402
- Establish and maintain payroll requirements
- Record payroll data
- Prepare and process payroll
- Handle payroll enquiries
Our student experience team are here to help answer any questions you have. We’ll support you every step of the way to ensure you have the best learning experience and complete your program sooner.