Please enter your details and a member of our team will be in touch.
The globally recognised certification for management accountants and financial professionals to broaden your knowledge of management accounting. It will distinguish you from others in the field and solidify your status as an experienced and versatile finance professional.
Chief Financial Officer
Boost your international accounting career and earn the prestigious title of Certified Management Accountant (CMA)!
By completing this internationally recognised certification for accounting and financial management professionals, you will gain knowledge in the areas of financial planning, analysis, control, decision support and professional ethics.
The CMA is a symbol of professionalism, expertise and integrity. Top employers such as 3M, AT&T, Bank of America, Caterpillar, ConAgra, Hewlett-Packard, Johnson & Johnson, Microsoft, Saudi Aramco and Verizon realize the importance to CMA professionals to their business.
By completing the CMA with Ab², you’re joining a learning network that can help you gain practical skills to move into an accounting/bookkeeping/payroll specialist career or help you grow your skills for the next stage of your career.
We’re networked for your success in the industry and have contacts to support you where you need to go.
Support when you need it
Grow your career
Created by industry experts
- Understand and prepare financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, statement of changes in equity and statement of cash flows
- Demonstrate an understanding of integrated reporting and the elements of an integrated report
- Identify and discuss internal and external factors that should be analysed during the strategic planning process
- Describe the role that budgeting plays in the performance of an organisation and identify the characteristics of successful budgeting processes
- Apply forecasting techniques, budget methodologies and performance measures
- Establish an understanding of responsibility centres and reporting segments
- Understand measurement concepts, costing systems, overhead costs, supply chain management and value chain analysis
- Demonstrate an understanding of corporate governance, internal control risk and external auditor responsibilities
- Identify threats to information systems, types of storage controls and inherent risks of using the internet
- Comprehend the accounting information system (AIS) cycles and define enterprise resource planning (ERP) and enterprise performance management (EPM)
- Demonstrate a general understanding of data governance frameworks and identify the stages of the data lifecycle
- Define the systems development life cycle (SDLC) and how cloud computing can improve efficiency
- Demonstrate an understanding of business intelligence, data mining, analytic tools and data visualisation
- Prepare and analyse common-size financial statements and prepare a comparative financial statement horizontal analysis
- Demonstrate an understanding of financial ratios pertaining to liquidity, leverage, activity and profitability
- Conduct profitability analysis
- Understand the impact of foreign exchange fluctuations and inflation on financial ratios and the reliability of financial ratios
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between risk and return
Our course modules have been specifically designed by industry experts to give you the best-practice skills and knowledge for the accounting industry, and grow your finance acumen.
- External Financial Reporting Decisions
- Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Strategic Planning, Forecast Techniques, Budget Methodologies, Annual Profit Plan and Supporting Schedules and Top-level Planning and Analysis
- Performance Management
- Cost and Variance Measures, Responsibility Centres and Reporting Segments and Performance Measures
- Cost Management
- Measurement Concepts, Costing Systems, Overhead Costs, Supply Chain Management and Business Process Improvement
- Internal Controls
- Governance, Risk and Compliance, plus Systems Controls and Security Measures
- Technology and Analytics
- Information Systems, Data Governance, Technology-enabled Finance Transformation and Data Analytics
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Basic Financial Statement Analysis, Financial Ratios, Profitability Analysis, Special Issues
- Corporate Finance
- Risk and Return, Long-term Financial Management, Raising Capital, Working Capital Management, Corporate Restructuring, International Finance
- Decision Analysis
- Cost/Volume/Profit Analysis, Marginal Analysis, Pricing
- Risk Management
- Investment Decisions
- Capital Budgeting Process, Capital Investment Analysis Methods
- Professional Ethics
- Business Ethics and Ethical Considerations
Why choose Ab2
100% online – Complete Flexibility – Study Online, anywhere, and anytime
Unrivalled student support by specialists that only serve the accounting and bookkeeping industry
Course developed and taught by real world industry leaders, not academics.
AB² is one of very few RTOs to offer the Tax Practitioners Board approved course to become a registered BAS agent.
Deep industry connections – we participate actively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry, allowing us to connect you with employers and industry contracts to further your career.
Free student membership with accounting and bookkeeping industry bodies
Ready to enrol or want to know more?
Our student experience team are here to help answer any questions you have. We’ll support you every
step of the way to ensure you have the best learning experience and complete your program sooner.
Installment plan available.
Special Introductory Offer
Grab our introductory offer for only $1,490 per student. Regular price at $1,990. For a limited time only.
Ab2 offers two options for you to pay for your course costs, as well as flexible payment options.
Upfront $1,490: You can save 15% by making an upfront payment of $1,490.
Weekly $65.90: Get started right away by making weekly payments of $65.90, over a period of 26 weeks