Please enter your details and a member of our team will be in touch.
MYOB Essentials Basic
Unleash the power of MYOB with an accounting course you can’t find anywhere else! Unlock MYOB learning that’s delivered differently than any other organisation, preparing you to be 100% MYOB ready!
This MYOB Basics course will set you up with the confidence to navigate and understand MYOB key concepts, increasing your software accounting skills to an introductory level or beyond. This course will enable you to develop a strong understanding and practical knowledge of MYOB to use the software with increased ease whilst growing your career options in bookkeeping or accounting.
Course developed and taught by real world industry leaders, not academics
100% flexible – Study online, anytime, anywhere, on any device
Industry connections to connect you with employers and industry contacts
Who should enrol in this course
· Bookkeepers, accountants or business professionals using, or considering using, MYOB
· Individuals wanting to pursue a bookkeeping or accounting career
· Those seeking to gain a MYOB certification through the official platform
The MYOB Basics course is designed to provide accountants administrators, small business owners and bookkeepers with skills and knowledge that will allow them to enter and maintain accounting data, as well as prepare financial reports, such as BAS preparation reports and profit and loss reports.
By completing an MYOB Basics course, you will develop your accounting expertise and build the job-ready skills and knowledge to:
Understand how MYOB plays a part in the business
Establish and maintain organisations inside of MYOB
Reconcile reports, including running and lodging a BAS
- Dashboard and business details
- Creating a company file
- Setting up and managing a chart of accounts
- Entering opening balances
- Cards overview
- Managing contacts, customers, and suppliers
- Managing accounts payable tasks
- Creating bills
- Setting up repeat bills and how to apply payments
- Creating bulk payments and ABA files
- Supplier remittance
- Managing accounts receivables processes
- Raising credit notes
- Sending quotes
- Creating and editing customer invoices
- Applying payments and returns
- Recurring invoices
- Bank reconciliations
- Viewing or printing relevant reports
- Bank feeds
- Importing bank transactions
- Maintaining Fixed Asset Register
- Addition of assets
- Disposals of assets
Running and lodging a BAS statement
GST Overview – Tax inclusive transactions, withholding tax, running GST reports
- Setting an administrator password
- Opening a file with a password
The MYOB Basics course is comprised of online, self-paced modules delivered through the Ab² digital learning portal.
At Ab2, we pride ourselves on providing the best student experience, and we will support you throughout the whole of your program completion by providing:
- Online learning, enabling you to study anywhere, anytime
- One-on-one and group coaching sessions with industry experts
- 24/7 support
- Student Facebook groups so you can connect with your fellow learners!
Approximately 15 hours
6 months from enrolment
- A working computer with Microsoft Office
- An internet connection
P10,000 – Installment plan available
Why choose Ab2
100% online – Complete Flexibility – Study Online, anywhere, and anytime
Unrivalled student support by specialists that only serve the accounting and bookkeeping industry
Course developed and taught by real world industry leaders, not academics.
AB² is one of very few RTOs to offer the Tax Practitioners Board approved course to become a registered BAS agent.
Deep industry connections – we participate actively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry, allowing us to connect you with employers and industry contracts to further your career.
Free student membership with accounting and bookkeeping industry bodies
Want to know more?
Our student experience team are here to help answer any questions you have. We’ll support you every step of the way to ensure you have the best learning experience and complete your program sooner.
Special Introductory Offer
Grab our introductory offer for only $1,490 per student. Regular price at $1,990. For a limited time only.
Ab2 offers two options for you to pay for your course costs, as well as flexible payment options.
Upfront $1,490: You can save 15% by making an upfront payment of $1,490.
Weekly $65.90: Get started right away by making weekly payments of $65.90, over a period of 26 weeks