Ab2 Institute of Accounting (Ab2) is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that all personal data collected from you are processed according to the principles of transparency, legitimate purpose, and proportionality pursuant to the Philippine Republic Act No. 10173 or the “Data Privacy Act of 2012” (DPA) and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (DPA-IRR).
Information We Collect, Acquire, or Generate
- Enrolment information. When you enroll with us, we collect among others: (1) directory information such as your name, email address, address, age, phone number and other contact details; and (2) data about your personal circumstances such as previous study, employment information, languages spoken, disabilities, and study reasons
- Post-enrolment information. After you enroll, we may also collect additional information about you including previous studies undertaken for the purpose of providing credit or recognition
- Unsolicited information. There may be instances when personal information is sent to or received by us even without prior request. In such cases, we will determine if we can legitimately keep such information. If it is not related to any of our legitimate interests, we will immediately dispose of the information in a way that will safeguard your privacy. Otherwise, it will be treated in the same manner as information you provide us.
How We Use Your Information
- Processing enrollments;
- Recording, generating, and maintaining student records of academic progress;
- Recording, storing, and assessing student work such as assessment workbooks;
- Recording, generating, and maintaining records, electronically or by other means, of assessment outcomes, workshop attendance and participation, academic progress, etc.;
- Establishing and maintaining student information systems;
- Processing funding or grants where applicable;
- Investigating incidents that relate to student behavior and implementing disciplinary measures;
- Compiling and generating reports for statistical purposes;
- communicating official institution announcements;
- sharing your information with persons or institutions as provided below
How We Share, Disclose, or Transfer Your Information
- reporting and/or disclosure of information to the NPC and other government bodies or agencies (e.g., Commission on Higher Education, Department of Education, Bureau of Immigration, Department of Foreign Affairs, Civil Service Commission, Bureau of Internal Revenue, Professional Regulation Commission, Legal Education Board, Supreme Court, etc.), when required or allowed by law;
- complying with court orders, subpoenas and/or other legal obligations;
- conducting internal research or surveys for purposes of institutional development;
- use of photos, videos, and other information to promote the institute, including its activities and events, through marketing or advertising materials, such as brochures, website posts, newspaper advertisements, physical and electronic bulletin boards, and other media;
How We Store and Retain Your Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Personal Information that we stored, may be processed in, or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia but are not limited to New Zealand, UK, USA, Canada, Philippines.
Data Protection Officer
- 1. monitoring the Ab2’s Personal Data Processing activities in order to ensure compliance with applicable Personal Data privacy laws and regulations, including the conduct of periodic internal audits and review to ensure that all of Ab2’s data privacy policies are adequately implemented by its employees and authorized agents;
- functioning as a liaison between Ab2 and regulatory and accrediting authorities, and is in charge of the applicable registration, notification, and reportorial requirements mandated by the DPA, as well any other applicable data privacy laws and regulations;
- creating, establishing, and reviewing policies and processes for Data Subjects to exercise their rights under the Data Privacy Act and other applicable personal data privacy laws and regulations;
- functioning as the primary point of contact with whom the Data Subject may coordinate and consult on all matters concerning their Personal Data;
- putting together capacity-building, orientation, and training programs for employees, agents, or representatives of Ab2 in relation to Privacy and security regulations for personal data;
- writing and filing the annual report of the documented summary Security incidents and Personal Data breaches, if any, as required by the Data Privacy Act, as well as compliance with other regulations may be included in additional National Privacy Act issuances Commission.
- Infusionsoft CRM
- Social Media Account
How to Access and Update your Personal Information
Courses That Are Accredited in Australia
Changing This Policy
This Data Privacy Notice may be amended at any time without prior notice, and such amendments will be notified to you via Ab2 Institute of Accounting’s website or email.