Introduction to Accounting – AU
Master Australian accounting fundamentals for an incredible career trajectory
Interested in growing an international accounting career and want to stand out from other candidates? This short course will broaden your understanding of the current accounting climate in Australia as well as fundamental Australian taxation. It’s the perfect place to start upskilling and getting ahead.
The accounting industry includes the most in-demand careers right now. The Introduction to Accounting AU course arms you with the fundamentals you’ll need to grasp the basic concepts of accounting principles, setting you on your way to growing your skills and enjoying the perks of an international career, which includes increasing your earning potential and adding value to an employer.
By completing an Introduction to Accounting AU course, you will:
- Gain fundamental knowledge and understanding of the principles of accounting in Australia
- Comprehend basic accounting practices that underpin accounting processes and best practices within the region
- Gain job-ready accounting skills for the future of accounting work
Your studies will give you an overview of Australian accounting firms, an introduction to entities tax, Pay as You Go Withheld (PAYG W), and Goods and Services Tax (GST), as well as an introduction to the Australian Accounting Standards Board and Australian Taxation Office (ATO) Portal. Plus, you’ll get an overview of Australian culture.
Who should enroll?
- Anyone looking to develop an international career in finance or the accountancy industry
- Anyone wanting to build basic bookkeeping knowledge and skills
- Anyone who wants to get a better understanding of accounting concepts and how to evaluate financial data
Price: PHP10,500 or PHP404/week over 26 weeks
Approximately 10 – 15 hours
6 months from enrolment
We’re ready when you are
Start any time with flexible learning hours and fully remote modules
There are no formal prerequisites for this course. However, once we receive your enrolment, an Ab2 Student Experience Advisor will be in touch to ensure this training is right for you.
To maximize your learning, you will need:
- A working computer with Microsoft Office
- An internet connection
- We’re available 24/7 to help with any tech issues. Reach out to us at enquires@Ab²institute.com
Ab² students enjoy:
- Deep industry connections to future-proof your career
- Course development and teaching by real-world industry leaders, not academics
- Unrivalled student support by specialists who only serve the accounting industry
- Free student membership with accounting and bookkeeping industry bodies
- 100% flexibility – study online, anytime, anywhere, on any device
This course has been specifically built by experts who have real-world practical experience and knowledge of the industry. The design of this course develops best-practice skills and knowledge to equip you for the next step in your international career.
- Introduction to accounting
- Accounting equation
- Accounting terminology
- Introduction to business types and structures
- Overview of GST
- What is taxable and non-taxable
- Accounting equation and double entry system
- Accounting transactions: sales and purchases
- Accounting transactions: deposits and payments
- Reconciliations and corrections of errors