QuickBooks Basics US
Start your North American accounting or bookkeeping career strong with these QuickBooks software essentials
The QuickBooks Basics US course will set you up with the confidence to navigate and understand key concepts and increase your software accounting skills, setting you on your way to enjoying the perks of an international career.
Designed to provide skills and knowledge which accountants, bookkeepers and administrators need for the US market, the course covers entering and maintaining accounting data, as well as preparing financial, and profit and loss reports.
By completing a QuickBooks Basics US course, you will develop your accounting expertise and build job-ready skills and knowledge.
- Use QuickBooks Online’s built-in automation features
- Learn the importance of recordkeeping
- Pick up common bookkeeping mistakes business owners make
- Setting up QuickBooks
- QuickBooks accounts and settings
- Creating your products and service items list
- Working with customers (accounts receivable): estimates, invoices, sales receipts, and payments
- Working with vendors (accounts payable): bills, payments, expenses, and checks
- Running basic reports
- Using QuickBooks Online built-in automation features
Who should enroll?
Bookkeepers, accountants or firms who are using or considering using QuickBooks in the US or for US clients
Those wanting to get into an international bookkeeping or accounting career who would like a better understanding of US accounting concepts and how they are used in QuickBooks
Business professionals who want to expand their US-based accounting software skills
Price: PHP7,500 or PHP288/week over 26 weeks
Approximately 15 hours
6 months from enrollment
We’re ready when you are
Start any time with flexible learning hours and fully remote modules.
To maximize your learning, you will need:
- A working computer with Microsoft Office
- An internet connection
We’re available 24/7 to help with if any tech issues. Reach out to us at enquires@Ab²institute.com
Ab² students enjoy:
- Deep industry connections to future-proof your career
- Course development and teaching by real-world industry leaders, not academics
- Unrivalled student support by specialists who only serve the accounting industry
- Free student membership with accounting and bookkeeping industry bodies
- 100% flexibility – study online, anytime, anywhere, on any device
Our course has been custom-built by industry experts with decades of real-world, practical experience and knowledge. This will give you top-notch skills and understanding, making you job-ready the moment you graduate.
- Setting up QuickBooks Online
- Getting around in QuickBooks Online
- Navigation tricks and tips
- Setting up your company
- Should you import or start fresh?
- Account and settings preferences
- Setting up users
- Setting up a company file
- The Banking Center
- Understanding sales tax
- Completing sales tax reviews and reports
- Reconciling your records
- Owner transactions
- Customer and vendor receivables
- Understanding chart of accounts
- Understanding reconciliation
- How to reconcile bank accounts
- Why do I have unmarked transactions?
- How to fix duplicated transactions
- Finishing a reconciliation
- Reports and history to verify reconciliation
- Undoing previous reconciliations
- How to reconcile corporate credit cards
- Run and view financial reports (e.g. balance sheet and profit and loss statements)
- How to set up custom reports